Project properties not accessible

Aug 10, 2010 at 8:21 PM
Edited Aug 10, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Hi, today, I noticed that I am unable to enter the project properties for all of my Spec# projects in VS 2008. If I select Project/Properties in the menu, nothing happens. If I right-click on the project in the side pane on the right and select Properties, an error message "The action was not terminated" appears. If I quit VS, a message window "VS detected an error and must be terminated" appears. Sometimes, VS starts again after quitting. This happens with VS 2008 on Windows 7 and Spec# 2010-07-20. BTW, does the VS plug-in also work with VS 2010? Boris

Aug 19, 2010 at 7:31 PM
hi, I experienced something similar as you have stated, but i did not do anything with properties... Didn't think that this could be an issue with the latest SpecSharp plugin in VS 2008. But i am also getting an exception after i installed the latest version of Specsharp (Spec# 2010-07-20). Error 6 Plugin type 'Microsoft.Boogie.BoogiePluginVisitor' threw exception 'Method not found: 'Microsoft.Boogie.TranslatedProgram Microsoft.Boogie.CilTranslator.TranslateAstToBoogie(System.Compiler.CompilationUnit, System.Compiler.Analyzer, System.Compiler.ErrorHandler)'.'.\nStack: at Microsoft.Boogie.BoogiePluginVisitor.VisitCompilationUnit(CompilationUnit unit) at System.Compiler.StandardVisitor.VisitCompilationUnitSnippet(CompilationUnitSnippet snippet) in C:\specsharp\SpecSharp\System.Compiler\StandardVisitor.cs:line 849 at System.Compiler.StandardVisitor.Visit(Node node) in C:\specsharp\SpecSharp\System.Compiler\StandardVisitor.cs:line 167 at Microsoft.SpecSharp.SpecSharpCompilation.RunPlugins(Node node, ErrorHandler errorHandler) in C:\specsharp\SpecSharp\Microsoft.SpecSharp\Compiler.cs:line 150 C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\XMLSpecProj\XMLSpecProj\.... Any Idea?? Wonder if anyone else has encountered the same problem. I have looked into the Specsharp code as well .. it is some plugin issue but i do have boogie within the specsharp installer..
Aug 30, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Another problem that was already present in the previous release of Spec# is that it takes about 5 seconds from clicking on "build" until the menu pops up.

Boris

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2010 at 10:40 PM

We have also noticed the long delay when clicking on the Build menu, but I have no idea what causes it.  I have not been able to reproduce the first problem you report.  If someone understands what goes into the Properties pane implementation and would like to look into it, I would welcome it.

Rustan